Incestuous Relationships: The Pros and Cons
Most of the time, people find it difficult to stop themselves from falling for a person whom a lot of individuals think is not right, for instance, being deeply attracted with their own family members. Although some cultures find this immoral, however, there are others who think that this practice should be encouraged. To have a clear grasp of these opposing views, here is a brief discussion of the positive and negative stances of incestuous relationships.
1. If the partners truly love each other, no other persons should hinder them from being together. Moreover, this type of relations can make the family ties stronger and closer. And, since this was something that was openly accepted during the ancient times, there is no reason for it to be stopped.
2. People have the freedom to choose whom they want to spend the rest of their lives with. They have all the right to select the person whom they love. As grownups, they know what they are doing and are responsible for their all their actions and decisions.
3. As consenting adults, no one should stop them from being together. Since they are both mature and they mutually decided to be in this type of relationship, they should not be hindered from being in-love.
1. Since the partners are of the same blood, there are greater chances that their offspring will incur physical defects. Thus, these relations should be prevented because the couples’ children have higher risks of experiencing severe deformities.
2. This may open the doors for abuse to children especially since these youngsters can still be manipulated and dictated by their older kin. Therefore, this type of relationship should be strongly opposed.
3. Having a relationship with their family members can be immoral and unnatural since it may cause possible exploitation of the innocent ones.
These are the irreconcilable viewpoints of incestuous relationships. Whichever side you are agreeable with, it is important that you follow what your mind and heart dictates when choosing the right person to love. Moreover, if you want to read more articles pertaining to this topic, check out this website now.